POLICY ON COOKIES
The website at https://womenslegacy.eu (hereinafter, the “Website”) uses tools to track browsing activity on the website and the IP address of the service recipient for the purpose of improving and guaranteeing the provision of services or technical operation of the website, distinguishing you from other users and analysing your browsing habits.
This Cookies Policy seeks to inform you clearly and precisely about the operation and function of the cookies we use.
What are cookies and why do we use them?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when accessing certain websites.
Cookies enable a website to, among other things, store and recover information about the browsing habits of a user or their device and, depending on the information contained and the way in which the same is used by the device, may be used to recognise the user.
Current law allows us to store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for operation of this website. However, we need permission for all other cookies.
Types of cookies based on the managing entity
Depending on who manages the computer or domain from where the cookies are sent and who processes the data obtained, a distinction can be made between the following types of cookies:
- Proprietary cookies: these are managed by the Provincial Council of Biscay.
Types of cookies based on their purpose
- Technical cookies: these allow the user to browse a website, platform or application and to use the various options or services available, such as control data traffic and communication, identify the session, access restricted areas, request registration or participation in an event, use security elements while browsing, store content for video or audio playback, or share content via social media networks.
- Customisation cookies: these allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria on the user’s device, such as the language, type of browser being used to access the service, regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: these allow the number of users to be counted and the browsing activity to be statistically measured and analysed for the purpose of improving the services made available. They may be proprietary or third-party cookies.
Duration of the cookies
- Session cookies: these collect and store data while the user is visiting a website.
- Persistent cookies: the data are stored on the device in an ongoing fashion and may be accessed and processed during a period defined by the cookie manager, which may range from a few minutes to several years.
Which cookies does this website use?
|PC_ANALITICA_BIZKAIKOA||Technical||Choose your preferences for acceptance/rejection of the block of analytical cookies||1 year||Provincial Council of Biscay|
|PC_TECNICA_BIZKAIKOA||Technical||Choose your preferences for acceptance of the block of technical cookies||1 year||Provincial Council of Biscay|
|ASPSESSIONID||Technical||Session identifier||Sesión||Provincial Council of Biscay|
|_GA||Analytical||To distinguish users||2 years||Google Analytics|
|_GAT||Analytical||To limit the percentage of requests||1 minute||Google Analytics|
|_GID||Analytical||To distinguish users||1 day||Google Analytics|
How to deactivate or delete cookies?
When first accessing the Website, the user may configure and accept or reject the cookies on this Website. Subsequently, the user may change or withdraw their consent at any time via this Cookies Policy or the settings page.
However, you may exercise your right to freely deactivate them and even delete the cookies on this Website at any time. This is done differently depending on which browser you are using. Here is a quick guide for the most popular browsers.
- Deactivate Cookies in Chrome
- Deactivate Cookies in Firefox
- Deactivate Cookies in Explorer
- Deactivate Cookies in Safari
- Deactivate Cookies in Edge
If you deactivate or delete cookies, certain features of the Website may no longer function correctly.
Changes to the Cookies Policy
The Website reserves the right to change this Cookies Policy under the terms provided for by current legislation. We therefore recommend that you revise this policy each time you access our website to see any changes and read the pertinent information.